Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday: Flight day


Last night I spent some time repacking and prepping for my departure. We had a 6:15 shuttle departure. I got a call at about 4:30 am saying our flight was delayed 3 hours. So I reset my alarm clock and slept a bit more. By 7:30 I was awake and got myself together, called mom on Skype and then got another call saying the flights for the day are cancelled. We still had to catch the 9:15 shuttle to get more per diem money as well as shuttle vouchers. The rain tapered off during the day allowing us to enjoy the park a bit more. The rest of the day was spent eating, bowling, and walking all over town. I didn’t bring a plug adapter so that plus some TimTam cookies were on my shopping list. I have been charging my laptop and composing before I use my allotment of free internet provided by the hotel.
We will try again tomorrow on the same schedule.

4 comments:

Ann said...

What are Tim Tam cookies? Hope your flight has gone by now??? I'm so confused about the time. What day is it there now - my tomorrow? Good luck and bon voyage!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh when you and Cat meet up you have to do a Tim Tam SLAM!! She will show you how, it will change your life!! I hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

Sorry that was from me, Kiley Morris

Megan said...

Ann- TimTams are a cookie made of 2 biscuits sandwiched with a variety of flavored fillings and entirely dipped in chocolate. Delicious! A TimTam slam is when you take such a cookie bite off opposite corners(diagonally) and use the cookie in a straw like fashion "drinking" a hot beverage of your choice. The filling melts into your mouth as you "drink" and the whole cookie melts/crumbles into your hand and you have to eat it quickly.

Kiley- I am very familiar with TimTam slams! I had a bit of an obsession with TimTams when I lived in Australia.