Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving, Justin arrives and SNOW!

So I haven't posted in a while because I haven't really gone anywhere. I've been working hard and trying to save some money. The resort put on an Employee Thanksgiving dinner on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving with a coach bus to transport us to and from. I went with a few girls from work and we had a blast. We laughed and laughed and enjoyed some great food.

I then worked Thanksgiving Dinner for the guests. We served approx 1500 people from 2-8pm. I worked with Jackie, a server who normally works at the Pullman restaurant. We worked hard and had fun.
We've also gotten two snow falls in the last week. Yesterdays had stuck and the snow is still on the ground. The first melted within about a day. The resort has also started a shuttle from the Abrams to the resort at 5:30am for those of us that work the early shifts.
Justin arrived on Monday with about 15 other new employees, mostly ski and snowboard instructors. He went out with me and my girl friends for half price pizza at Peaches Monday night. Thursday night we went out with 45+ people that work at the Hausberg Lodge to a bar that's owned by the same woman that owns the restaurant and bar at the Hausberg. We had a great time. The shots weren't exactly great but they were plentiful.
Check out some of the pictures...
The Alps... http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2084653&id=44801562&l=6f56143c2d

No comments: