Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

So here at Mc Murdo the kitchen staff all work on the holidays that everyone else gets off so Monday was my "Thanksgiving." I spent the day doing laundry, going on a tour of the Waste Barn, going to the the ob tube again, and while we were there got to do some fishing(I'll explain more in a minute), came back had dinner, lowered my bed to a height I can easily climb onto without the aid of my nightstand, vacuumed and chatted with friends. A great holiday!  I am very thankful for many things and many people. I am so glad to be here at Mc Murdo and to have a job. I'm thankful for my health. And I'm very thankful for the new friends that have become my family and support system here. Most importantly I am thankful for my family and friends at home supporting me in my travels around the world.

Ok this fishing you are wondering about... as Grace, Baxter, and I walked to the ob tube we noticed that there were people in the fishing/diving hut nearby the ob tube. When we looked in the window we were invited inside. A scientist that goes by the nickname of Sandwich was fishing with the aid of two gentleman.

 One a cook that I know, Matt, and the other a guy I've never met. We took turns fishing and going down the ob tube. The view was the same down the tube as before and you couldn't see the fishing lines. The catch was just one for the day. The lucky pole was the Barbie pole! We stayed for about an hour fishing and chatting. And yes, just fishing, no catching while we were there. 
the fish caught by the Barbie Pole

Matt, left and Sandwich, right. Fishing away

Matt and I fishing

More Ice as seen from the Ob Tube

Brr!!
Tuesday I walked around the Crary Labs for a little while and signed up for a tour next Tuesday.
Inside Crary Lab.

No comments: