Friday, September 16, 2011

The Next Chapter!

So much to catch up on!

I had an amazing summer aboard the Schooner Conch Pearl sailing the waters of the Florida Keys. Capts Holley and Denny made my life easier and my belly happy! Thanks again for all the snacks and listening to me rant. And a special thanks to my "boyfriend" Hermes for spending quality time with me lounging on the deck.

After the last group left my mom arrived and I got to spend two nights on the Pearl before we headed north. We had planned to take the Amtrak car train but due to Hurricane Irene the train was canceled so we ended up just driving... and driving more. We had to alter our route to avoid the damaging path that Irene had taken. Due to the storm my dad was stuck in Chicago and was able to get a flight into Albany. We picked him up and did some rearranging and made it to Vermont.

I got my own storage unit and got myself arranged there. Dive gear maintenance completed.

My next adventure was driving with my mom and aunt to Madison, WI to watch my brother do an Ironman Triathlon. Two long days later we arrived. Saturday we spent shopping and enjoying the Olbrich Botanical Gardens. Sunday was race day. This was a long day for us spectators but even longer for Ben. I think he was up at about 3 am after we got back from dinner at about 10 pm the night before. Then he did a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and finally a marathon, 26.2 mile run. 13 hours and 2 minutes later Ben crossed the finish line. We packed things up so we could drive back the next morning. Monday night we spent in London, Ontario and then on to Niagara Falls where we rode on the Maid of the Mist. We returned to Vermont on Wednesday and I headed off for two nights of babysitting. 

Now I have time to pack and get my things together for my next adventure... Antarctica. I have my tickets booked and training arranged in Colorado. I will be posting here about my Antarctic adventures. Check back to read on!

1 comment:

Ben Ware said...

Thanks again Megs for driving everything there and back!