Friday, September 5, 2008

Update from Columbus Isle

Last night we had our storm update meeting at 6 and it was decided to cancel the evening "show" and to just do dinner and send everyone to their rooms. So by 11pm everyone was to be in their rooms and to not come out until further notice. So we had our bag breakfasts(that I helped to make- about 450 of them to be exact) delivered at 8 pm as well as flashlights and water. I spent the night with 3 other people in 2 adjoining rooms and we had a relaxing evening. There was alot of wind and some rain but no major damage to the village. I slept most of the day as there wasn't much else to do so it was an unofficial day off after my official day off. :-) I finally ventured out to see how things were around 7 and things were fine. Some palm leaves down and the like but nothing major. I took a shower and just at dinner at the main restaurant. We have another meeting momentarily to update us on the storm and what's next. It looks like 4:15 am tomorrow we will be collecting bags for the 200 or so people leaving on the flight to Paris.
So in summary all is well here and I'll post as I know more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Megan,
We all remain happy to hear that you are safe and well, and eager for each new posting. Thanks for keeping us all up to date.

Love, Helen