Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Visit to the Port St. Lucie Medcial Center

So while I was in Port St. Lucie, FL as part of a voluntary evacuation from the Bahamas I had a brief 2 day stay in the hospital. I hadn't had lunch or dinner and at about 5 pm on Sunday I went on the trapeze at the Club Med in Port St Lucie where we were staying and on the first swing I let go and fell onto the net. After about a half hour I went to the nurse to get my minor skin abrasions cleaned and while in the infirmary I blacked out and hit my head on 2 oxygen tanks and the ground and then blacked out again once horizontal on the table. So on the way to the hospital in the ambulance my heart rate dropped to 40 bpm and then 30 bpm. So I had a CT scan, 12-lead EKG, ultrasound of my heart and nothing was found to be wrong. So now I am back in the Bahamas and feeling fine. The scuba doctor has examined me and nothing appears to be wrong so I will go back to diving in a few days.
Thank you to everyone for their concern and best wishes.
For pictures from my time at Club Med Sandpiper and my visit to the hospital click on the link below...
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2054065&l=7301e&id=44801562

No comments: