Monday, August 18, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay

Well, we started to feel some effects of Tropical Storm Fay within the last few days. We have had a fair amount of rain in the past week as well as some winds and rougher seas. There are some waves crashing on the reef that I hadn't seen in my 2 1/2 months here which was the first real sign of what's to come. We had to change dive sites yesterday morning for the first dive because of the approx 6 foot waves that the capt. didn't want to tie the boat up in. The site was around the southern tip of the island and isn't protected, so we just came back around the end where there was significantly less wave action. From all the reports Fay is staying well to our west and won't have much impact. I see that the Florida Keys are preparing for Fay's arrival and in a way I'm glad I'm not working in the Keys this summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the weather reports say that Fay will go up the west coast of Florida, but those are only forecasts. I hope that everyone stays safe in San Salvador.