Sunday, July 27, 2008

Attacked by a fish!!

So this morning on the dive boat I'm sitting on the stern with my feet hanging into the water... Paco, another instructor comes and sits down with his feet on the ladder. As he is eating his snack some of the crumbs from his bread falls into the water. Well, some fish came up and ate the crumbs... and well my feet must have looked yummy too because one of the fish bit my heel!! They were black durgon fish which look like this...
So I yelped and promptly pulled my feet out of the water while everyone on the boat laughs. Larissa, another instructor, tells me it must feel like a massage and thinks I'm over reacting. So I tell her to put her feet in the water which she proceeds to do. So the fish come up again and she yelps just like I did! Well, the fish got her on the side of her foot and she claims that it's more tender there than on the heel. So I tell her ok put just your heel in and lets see. Well, the fish came up again and got her heel and she yelped again! So the moral of the story is don't put your feet in the water when there is food around because black durgons don't have the greatest sense of what's food!!

1 comment:

Patty said...

beautiful fish, great colors