Monday, January 21, 2008

Hyperbaric Chamber Dive

As part of my Instructor Development Course(IDC) with Ocean Divers we did a chamber dive with at Hyperbarics International which is in the same building as Ocean Divers. Hyperbarics Int'l is run by Dick Rutkowski, the oldest active PADI member(or something like that). He signed our logbooks after the dive. His PADI number is 536 mine is 194278. I think that says it all.

Below are scans of some pictures taken of us... Thanks to Misch.

Some of the dive helmets in Dick's collection

Mark V suit and some rebreathers

Keith and I in the chamber

Keith and I through the window equalizing our ears on the descent to 100ft.

Dick on the controls. At about 60ft at this point.

Keith and I feeling the effects of nitrogen narcosis. Oh and we sounded like Alvin and the Chipmunks!

Post Dive. Me with Dick.
Dick signing my logbook.

Total dive time: 20 min
Max depth: 100 ft
Breathing Gas: Air
Required footwear: clean socks

No comments: