Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Half way there!

The middle of last week was the half way point in the summer for us aboard the Conch Pearl. So far we have had great crews! I am very much looking forward to lobstering! The last Wednesday and Thursday of July is lobster mini season. We will probably lobster for part of one of the two days. I enjoy the hunt! The sad part is that because so many other people enjoy the hunt and become possessed that several people are killed over the week that includes mini season. A sad but true reality.
Last year we had some great catches! 

We were chased off the reef again this afternoon due to thunder and lightning. I hope this isn't going to be a trend for the rest of the summer. It's getting old very quickly.
For those of you who may be wondering I haven't heard anything back from my applications with PAE to go back to Antarctica. I am still holding out hope that I will get a call or email from them. Jon and I want to go back again. In the mean time I'm enjoying every beautiful sunset I can!

No comments: