Sunday, March 25, 2007

Kookaburras, Koalas & Kangaroos

This weekends adventure was to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. About 130 Koalas among other animals. The Sanctuary is home to many species of birds, including the kookaburra which I got to hear laugh similar to a song which you may have heard of. There were a couple of Dingos who were sleeping the day away, but the Tasmanian Devil wasn't on display unfortunately. Seeing the kangaroos jumping around and getting to hand feed a Joey was awesome. The coolest part of the day though was getting to cuddle with a koala and get my picture taken. His name is David and he's 7 years old. I had the photographer take a couple pictures with my camera which are in the album along with the rest of my pictures. I spent most of the day with a woman from Germany who is here taking an English class. She was kind enough to share the kangaroo food and take pictures of me with my new jumping friends. We also saw the sheep dog demonstration and while we were waiting I got to bottle feed a 6 month old calf. Very strong for being 6 months! Enjoy the pictures...

http://uqedu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2024489&l=96762&id=44801562

Cheers!

No comments: