Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Geo-caching

So mom and I have been out with my gps on all kinds of adventures lately. We've started geo-caching after Justin and Emma introduced me to it. So far we've found 13 caches around New Hampshire and Massachusetts. We took Shadow with us the first time and found the cellar of what used to be Marchmont Castle. Mom researched alot of history behind it and the people that owned it. We went biking along some of the rails to trails some parts still had the large wooded ties in the ground making it very bumpy. The second half was nicely paved. Our most recent trip was on the rails to trails in Rindge and one cache was set way back in the woods and we had to cross several streams. Luckily we didn't bring Shadow on that trip and neither of us got wet.
I plan to bring my gps to Germany and will see how it goes in Europe!

No comments: