Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Holidays are here

So it's almost Christmas here in Columbus. The village occupancy has gone up and we are at about 60% currently. At the present time I am teaching an Open Water course for 4 students aged 18-12. The waters were calm for a few days but as the wind picked up over night the waves did as well and we are back to diving from the marina. Today we saw a turtle on our second dive at Pyramid. Not bad for a dive limited to 40 feet.
Santa will be visiting in the next few days and we are preparing for his arrival. Amy and I decorated a real tree that was delivered to the island and is at the entrance to the two specialty restaurants. We will be having a special nativity "show" tomorrow night as well as a fashion show and some other special events.
We have had two post night dive BBQs at the Sea Center for the divers and others who join us. The first two have been a big hit and we expect the numbers to grow each week as we continue to plan and promote it.
We've had some sightings as well. We saw more pilot whales last week(but of course I didn't have my camera) and another day that I wasn't on the boat humpbacks were spotted.
The hammerheads are becoming more numerous as the winter season continues. A school of about 15 were spotted a few days ago as well as some spotted eagle rays.
I forgot my camera battery charger at home so until my parents come I will only have limited use of my camera. So I hope to have pictures, but they might be from other people's cameras.
Happy Holidays to all!!

No comments: