Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Dutch Springs

This past weekend a few of us from Pleasure Divers made the ~6 hour drive to Bethlehem, PA to go diving at Dutch Springs. We went as part of their Instructor Weekends, select weekends in the winter when you can go but must be with an Instructor, to do the open water dives for one student and to work on some specialties and explore. The water temp was around 37-40 degrees depending on who's dive computer you looked at and the air was no warmer. I wore my new semi-dry suit and tried out the HotSuits heated kidney belts. There was only one other woman that was diving, and she was only there on Sunday and was wearing a drysuit. She thought we were completely crazy and I kind of had to agree!! :-) I think I'm really more of a warm water gal and I won't be doing another mid-February trip like this again. Enjoy some pics below...



No comments: