Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Where has the time gone?

So, I've started the first semester of my senior year of college. Having been gone to FIU and UQ has made Plattsburgh seem foreign in ways. It seems strange that I feel like 6,000 or so students is too many when FIU and UQ are like 25,000+. I think that it's because I'm driving to classes rather than walking. I've found routes that avoid as much of campus as possible which seems to have given me some sense of sanity. I like Plattsburgh when it's in the sleepy summer state and now that all these "invaders" are here I want my city back. It's kind of ironic because I am/was one of the "invaders," but such is life.
So far my classes seem good. It's a bit of a switch from Australia where we didn't have homework for each class period. I've gotten all of my textbooks. $370 bucks or so. one of the books includes simulation software which has a floppy disk in it. It was odd because I haven't seen a disk like that in years. Hopefully I'll find a computer that has a sloppy disk drive so I can use it!

No comments: