Monday, June 18, 2007

Going Back In Time

Well, I am back in the US of A now. From the time I left my apartment in Australia until I landed in Burlington was about 42 hours. Not much sleeping happened in that time but life goes on. The only delay I had was on the last flight, from New York's JFK to Burlington. Figures it's the last flight! The trip from Australia to LA was interesting because we left on Thursday at 12:30 pm and arrived on Thursday at 12:15 pm. Flying like 8,000 miles in negative 15 minutes, not bad!! Not much excitement otherwise. I mistakenly started driving on the left side of the road my first time back behind the wheel. Luckily it was on the dirt roads of Westford, VT with no other cars around. I have adjusted to the time quite quickly, but the sun setting so much later has confused me. It would be dark at about 5 pm in Brisbane when I left and it's just getting dark now at 9pm. I've got most things unpacked and laundry is going, so that means I'm really back. I'll miss Australia, but I also missed home and am glad to be back. I hope you've enjoyed reading my adventures in the land down under! Cheers!

No comments: